POSTED > 18.04.2012

Dear Parents

Welcome back to a new term; and the last for our ‘going to school’ children!

Haven Fun and Fitness

Thank you to all the parents, friends, relations, work colleagues etc who registered with Haven Fun and Fitness. Not only have we reached 100% we have received a bonus item of stand alone shapes. The children have already had lots of fun playing with the bats, balls, bean bags, shape sorters.

I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of all the staff to thank the parents that have left such wonderful, sincere, positive messages about our playschool on this website. Thank you all so much; it is really appreciated.

Speech and Language Workshop for Parents

Victoria Rouse (Speech and Language Therapist) is holding a short parent workshop in the main hall of the Memorial Hall on Friday 20 April between 12.15 and 1.00pm. The Windmill Children’s Centre is funding the workshop but Victoria is completely independent of the Centre. There is no need to book – just turn up.

Fee increases for EYE Grants

This term our grant funding has slightly increased to £4.15. Therefore, if your child is eligible for the grant and you exceed the 15 hours per week, your ‘top up’ charge will increase accordingly.

Parent Rota

The parent rota list is on the notice board. Please take this opportunity to spend a session with your child especially if they are off to school in September.

Sun Hats / Coats

When the sun does show itself it is quite strong. Please ensure that your child is wearing sun cream and has a NAMED sunhat for outside play. Likewise, it can still be a bit chilly so send your child in with a coat.


As the Summer approaches we appreciate that flip flops and crocs are cool but they are not suitable for running around outside and often cause the children to fall or trip. Where possible, please send your child to playschool in a sensible shoe like ‘Doodles’ or similar with backs.

Tesco / Sainsbury’s Vouchers:

Please dig deep in your handbags, wallets, coat pockets, sides of sofas etc and put any vouchers you may find in our collection boxes. Don’t forget to ask friends, neighbours, relatives, work colleagues etc for any they may have.

Nearly New Clothes

Lynne Robbins (Daisy’s mum) has set up a ‘nearly new’ clothes stall within the Hamble Village Market held on a Friday morning in the front hall. If you wish Lynne to sell clothes on your behalf you need to complete a ‘sellers information pack’, initially available from me, but in time will be available from our website. You will receive 70% of your selling price with the remaining 30% going to the Hamble Market towards their running costs. Should the market make a profit at the end of the year then playschool will receive a percentage. Lynne can be contacted on 07711 723295.

Childcare Survey:

With an ever increasing number of parents accessing full day care outside of the village, I am conducting a survey to establish parent’s requirements. There will be a note in the village magazine for prospective parents, but as current parents, with possibly younger siblings, I would be grateful if you could take the time to complete the survey.

Playschool Leavers

If your child is leaving in July I would be grateful if you would complete the slip, advising us which Primary School your child will be attending in September. This is so that we may liaise with the school and forward your child’s Learning Journal, along with any feedback, to their reception class teacher. The school will return your child’s Learning Journal direct to you.

Playschool Contact Numbers:

If you need to contact playschool please telephone on:
07708 426134 During sessions
07903 388568 Out of sessions

Kind Regards

Julie Ash